Wow! Has it really been almost a month since I last posted? I suppose that my journal has been filled with enough whinging over the past few years to account for a lifetime. I just decided to cut back on it, is all.
- So, yeah, I am still searching for a job. Unfortunately, the two informal offers I had prior to graduation sort of fell through due to circumstances unrelated to me and beyond my control. It happens. I was bummed. I'm getting over it. I just never anticipated that finding a position would be difficult, probably because finding a job as a nurse has been EASY. Employers want you. Like yesterday. But even though there is an expected shortfall of providers in primary care, it doesn't really seem to be the case here at this time. Thus, employers have the luxury of seeking experienced applicants. Of course, another reason for the difficulty is I have to limit my search to a particular area to fulfill the terms of a scholarship.
- But I do have an interview next week. We'll see how it goes, though I refuse to get excited again.
- With the exception of Doctor Who, BBT, Farscape Friday, and my Merlin DVDs, I have been experiencing a prolonged bout of TV apathy. I hate it when that happens. I have yet to watch a single episode of SGU since the hiatus and now I discover my DVR default setting of only keeping 5 episodes unless you specify how many to keep saved. So, the episodes have been automatically deleting once reaching 5. Ack! I remedied that but now I wonder if some of the other shows that show 5 episodes to watch (Chuck, Fringe, and Bones) have also been deleting episodes. Oops. I'm not going to be a happy person when the TV apathy subsides and I've missed loads. I am sure I'll catch SGU again in repeats but I'm not so sure about the others.
- Some thoughts: Doctor Who is made up of awesome. What more can I say? I cannot wait to see how it all plays out and, oh yeah, I LOVE RORY! Discussion of it has started creeping in to the Farscape Friday chat. BBT: I don't think I have ever laughed so hard as I did at Raj in the coffee shop attempting to chat up a woman after taking the medication for his social anxiety. It ranks right up there with Sheldon's drunken speech! Farscape: We are up to "Nerve" and "The Hidden Memory". (WIN!!) Scorpy!! Crichton in leather pants has finally made an appearance. I love John and Aeryn so much my heart hurts. Even though we are almost to the end of season one, anyone wanting to join in the discussion is welcome at any time. Merlin: Help me!! I am overcome daily by the pictures coming out of filming. The boyz love and the spoilery has taken over my brain! I was all kinds of excited to learn of this series 4 guest star.
- My laugh to tears moment of this day was brought to me (and now to you) by the lovely lolafeist "honey badger don't care" I should take few lessons!